Mold Forces Kelowna Family Out of Their Home

http://globalnews.ca/news/2516539/mold-forces-kelowna-family-out-of-their-home/

A Kelowna family is racing to find a new place to live after learning that their mobile home at the Hiawatha Mobile Home Park is infested with mold.Crystal Short says it’s a stressful situation because the mold has had an impact on her family’s health and finances.

Short says she noticed the mold issue a couple of months ago, after a slow leak behind the toilet went undetected for a while.

Her oldest daughter was recently diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, and has been in and out of hospital. Short believes living in the mold has made her health problems worse.

“She had headaches, nausea, vomiting all day,” says Short. “It got to the point she had to go to the hospital due to dehydration.”

After getting someone in to test the home, the property management company sent Short a letter,saying entry into the home should be limited to people wearing respiratory protection.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
HIP - Mould Professionals 

226-821-3206

info@h-i-p.ca 

 

Mississauga - Oakville - Burlington - Guelph - Kitchener / Waterloo - Hamilton - Cambridge

Homestars Logo and Link HI Reviews